Reverend Jocephus Guinn Jr.
Jocephus is a native of Chattanooga, Tennessee where he attended and graduated from Howard High School. Following graduation he attended Fisk University where he obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health and Physical Education.
While at Fisk he met and married Carol Ann Cochran. God has blessed this union of 47 years with two sons, Jocephus III and Damon Morris Cochran.
In 1971 Jocephus successfully managed and coordinated a federally funded Model Cities Program in the city of Chattanooga, Tenn.
In 1973 he accepted a position with the IBM Corporation in Cherry Hill, NJ. During the next 16 years his scope of responsibilities included sales and multiple levels of management in Administration and Operations.
In 1990 he accepted a position with Jiffy Lube International in Mt. Laurel NJ. During the next 11 years he received numerous assignments which include District Manager of both company and franchise operations, Regional Manager of Service Centers in Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia, Pa and Manager of Human Relations. In 2001 he retired from the company as the Human Resource Manager for the Eastern and Western Divisions.
- At an early age he accepted Jesus as his personal Savior at Friendship Primitive Baptist Church in Chattanooga, Tenn. During his informative years he served as a member of the Youth Choir, Ushers, Trustees and Sunday School Ministries.
- In 1994 he joined the Second Baptist Church of Paulsboro, NJ and served on the Trustee Ministry.
- On December 14, 1997, he was licensed to preach the Gospel at Second Baptist. As an associate Minister of the church, he was given the responsibility of teaching Adult Bible Study, Sunday school and served as the Church Treasurer.
- On January 9, 2001, he was ordained by the Bethany Baptist Association of South Jersey.
- On October 31, 2004, he was installed as Pastor of the Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church in Brotmanville, NJ where he has served faithfully for the past thirteen years.
- In September 0f 2010, he received “Pastor of the Year” from Bethany Baptist Association Christian Education Department.
- In April of 2011, he earned his Masters of Arts Degree in Theological Studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary and Graduate School in Lynch-burg VA.
“Live” streaming free podcasting from 12:00pm to 1:00pm EST every Sunday.
Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church (near Vineland NJ)
1176 Gershal Avenue
Rev. Jocephus Guinn, Jr., Pastor